Organisations have an increasingly connected and upwardly mobile workforce. The opportunity is there for training and development teams to tap into mobile phone usage and develop solutions for a workforce on the move. The ability to distribute learning easily to users, websites, and platforms is a vital part of learning success.
Learning that isn’t easy to access on the go can make the process harder for L&D teams and, learners-but the right authoring and hosting tools help solve these challenges. When it comes to multi-device publishing, these tools give organisations the ability to update and distribute content instantly.
An authoring tool assists you in creating digital content. The tool could be something as simple as Google documents, or as complex as a video production suite.
The main job of an authoring tool is to make developing content more efficiently, and open possibilities that would be infeasible, or too time consuming to develop without a dedicated tool.
eLearning authoring tools enable trainers to integrate an array of media to create professional, engaging and interactive training content. With an authoring tool, you can repurpose digitized elements or learning objects from an existing course for use in a new course. In this way, you can realize a return on investment for components that may have been developed using outside programmers or graphic design resources.
In reality, ‘eLearning course creation tool’ is a better term for this category of software rather than the more popular ‘authoring tool.’ As you begin your search for an authoring tool, you’ll quickly come to find that this term embraces a wide range of development functions.
Types of Authoring Tools
- eLearning Authoring Tool
- Video Capture and Editing
- Integrated Learning Platforms
- Learning Management Systems
Choosing the Right Tool
Here are seven great questions to ask yourself when you start considering what types of authoring tools you may need.
- Do you want to reuse existing content?
- Is Interactivity important?
- Do you need to make awesome assessments? How will you be assessing your learners and verifying that your learning efforts are achieving the ROI that you want?
- How do you need to deliver your content?
- Are you planning to print hard copies of your materials for participants? provide eBooks for your audience? Or deliver your content via the web or an LMS?
- Do you need a fast and easy way to publish branded content?
- Do you want to make your content available online on a secure website?
- Do you want to author content once and reuse it for multiple purposes?
Still not sure which Authoring Tool to choose for your organisation? Contact our Subject Matter Expert for a Free Consultation. Call 1300 800 288 or email email@example.com